Sunday, May 31, 2009

My holiday

Last Easter Monday, my husband and I went outing. We got up early in the morning and ate some bread and milk. Then we left home at 7:30am and went to Circular Quay. We wanted to get to Manly by ferry from there.
After we got to Circular Quay harbor, we saw luxury liners stopping at the port. How big was the boat! Travelling around the world by luxury cruise ship is my dream, and I am sure that it will come true one day. My husband took many pictures for the boat. When we came back home we searched more information about it on the Internet. We knew it belonged to Norway and the first time it traveled was in 1997. It had a beautiful name called Rhapsody of the seas.

During the 30 minutes from Circular Quay to Manly by boat, we saw Sydney Bridge and Sydney Opera House. It was my first time to saw them. I felt they were more spectacular than the TV sighting. After we landed on Manly, we walked around the beach where we saw a few rocks. In the coastal waters three ships were stopped. An hour later we returned to Circular Quay.

Our second stop was Olympic Park. We went there by ferry and then by bus. Thousands of people from all over the world came to the Olympic Park to visit the Easter Show. We saw five modern trucks on showed when we entered the gate. I tried to drive but it wouldn’t move. Then we came to visit the animals. We saw sheep, horses, pigs and cows. My husband touched some of them but I had no courage. The Dairy Farmers Company showed how the milk comes out but we missed the view up time. Then we ate some fruit while we watched a horsemanship display. There was also a very interesting show about Hercules cutting wood.




In the afternoon we went to visit the exhibitions. We saw many vegetables and fruits. We tasted special delicious food. There were many articles, photos, and pictures on display. Especially the Chinese characters on showed which gave us a big surprised.
About 4:30pm, it started to rain. So we decided to back home. Before we got home, my husband took me to dinner. It was really good Chinese food. And I found that you have to pay more in restaurant on public holiday.
We both enjoyed the excursion very much even though it was a very busy day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dora
    What a great recount of your excursions to Manly and the Easter Show! I love the photos too!

    ReplyDelete