Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day

The second Sunday in May is Mother’s Day. It had been celebrated all over the world. Young children away from home go back and give their mother gifts.

It’s hard to say when the Mother’s Day began to spread in China. Since the reform and opening up in 1980, China has also gradually to celebrate Mother's Day. Both big shopping markets and Mini Convenience Stores will be to launch some special items before Mother's Day. Flower shop will also be time for Mother's Day coming up publicity efforts, a sales representative of Mother's Day flowers - carnations. It has been recorded that on May 14, 1989, Hangzhou, China held the first "Mother's Day" celebrations.

For me, I had bought pink carnations for my mother from the beginning I was a high school student. Also on every Mother’s Day, I had done all the housework which made my mother very gratified. My best experience that was in 2002, I had entered the university for ten months. My family and my University were in two different cities. On Mother’s Day morning, I back home that took me a whole night on the train. I also brought the pink carnations to my mother. At the same time mother open the door, I said to her “Happy Mother’s Day! And today I must stay with you.” My mother was very surprised to see me and with tears of joy, she enfolded me in her arms.

But this year, I just gave my greeting to her on the VOD. My cousin asked me if he could help me to sent flowers to my mother. That was very kind of him. And I told him to buy pink carnations, that because carnations were for Mother’s Day and pink was my mother favorite color.

One of my best friends is six months pregnant now. I gave her an E-mail this Mother’s Day. I wrote in my letter: Congratulations to mother-to-be! Maybe the next Mother’s Day, your lovely baby can celebrate to you! That will be the happiest thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment