Monday, May 25, 2009

My first job

I started my first job when I was 23. I did claims in the biggest health insurance company in China. It was located in the Finance St in Beijing. The whole building named ”PING AN LARGE BUILDING” was owned by my company. My office was on the 13th floors. There were many finance companies around, such as banks and other insurance companies and very convenient for us.
Before I started I felt very excited. That was my first job when I graduated and I could earn by myself. My subject in the university was medical insurance. I knew much knowledge in the books and I had to practice by working. My job was to answer the phone, liaise with my customers, go to the hospital to do some investigation, give the result and pay money for the applicant.
At first I made a few mistakes but after a while I felt more confident. My workmates were very friendly and we often went out to lunch together. We also played badminton every Monday evening after work. My boss was a middle-aged man but looked very young. He was handsome and humorous. He took us on an outing once a month and organized a dinner party to celebrate every public holiday.
My best experience was that we worked hard together to get more information from the hospital and police station. We found we could not pay money for the customer because of his lying.
I liked this job because I met a lot of people that were all older than me and they gave me a lot of help for my work and life. The atmosphere at work was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment